Air Cooled Condensers :
Diminishing water resources and increased water pollution concerns have led to the explosive growth of Dry Cooling world wide.
- Elimination of water usage from the condensing power cycle
- Flexibility in power plant site selection.
Thermax Evaporative Condenser operates in a manner wherein a condenser is integrated into a cooling tower which rejects the latent heat of condensation of refrigerant (Ammonia/Freon) through a coil to the surroundings by means of evaporation. Water sprayed onto the coil exchanges heat with the refrigerant.
Operation Principles :
- Thermax Dry Coolers are also known as Radiators/Remote Radiators, Fin Fan Coolers, Air Cooled Heat Exchangers.
- They work on the principle of convection and conduction to dissipate heat from process fluid to the air stream created by the fans mounted on it.
- Dry coolers are closed-loop systems that eliminate any kind of water loss and thus eliminating the continuous requirement of make-up water.
- Being a closed-loop circuit, the water treatment cost is also negligible as compared to conventional evaporative cooling towers.
Thermax Adiabatic Coolers are engineered so as to reduce the inlet air temperature to the coil. This provides the customers with significant reductions in the capital cost of the cooler as well as reductions in the cost of power consumption.