When aluminium alloys are cast, there are many potential sources of defects which can harm the quality of the casting such as shrinkage defects, gas porosity and oxide inclusions. Pressure die casting is the most commonly used casting process for aluminium as well as magnesium alloy castings. Their main advantage is their light weight. The melting of copper and copper-based alloys also presents special problems. Molten copper dissolves both oxygen and hydrogen and on solidification, these can cause porosity in the casting.
1. Binders : Foseco offer a broad range of organic and inorganic mould and core binder systems.
2. Die Dressings And Coatings : Foseco offers a range of sand coatings as well as die dressing for all kind of non ferrous foundries.
3. Feeding Systems : Foseco’s feeding system products are designed to help foundry operators make sound castings, at reduced cost.
4. Filtrations : Foseco’s foundry filters are designed and produced with the best inclusion reduction and flow control characteristics in the industry.
5. Crucibles, Refractories and Ceramics : Foseco offers the foundry man a complete range of silicon carbide and clay graphite crucibles, retorts and other specialized shapes for use in fuel fired, induction and electric resistance furnaces.
6. Melt Treatment : Foseco is at the leading edge of industry efforts to improve the metallurgical performance of castings offering a package of consumables and equipment for the production of clean, reproducible metal quality in a range of non ferrous alloys.